Mold Removal Services. Remediation. Mitigation.
Mold Detection and Mold Removal Services
The growth of mold is silent but dangerous and is one of the worst contaminants known. Indoor mold can grow on damp or wet surfaces such as wood and drywall, wallpaper, ceiling tiles, carpets, and insulation material. Mold starts to grow in as little as 48 hours and if left alone it can have serious impacts on your health and your property’s structure. If you see or suspect any type of mold in your home, we’re ready 24/7 to eliminate the problem and prevent any further damage.
- 24/7 Emergency Services
- Infrared Mold Detection Technology
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- Certified IICRC Mold Remediation Technicians
- Trusted Leaders in Water Damage Restoration and Remediation Services
If you suspect mold is present, Call Us Today (888) 321-2987
*We Work with All Major Insurance Carriers*
Mold Removal. Mold Remediation. Mold Mitigation.
Common places mold can be found:
- HVAC System
- Furnishings and more
What steps should you take once mold is identified?
- Hire our professionals at ServiceMaster Superior Cleaning & Restoration
- Fix or stop the cause of moisture
- React promptly – dry and clean impacted areas
- Make sure building structures and plumbing are up to code
- Document all actions
- Develop a remediation plan detailing the method, scope, time, and controls to be used
- Inform all parties impacted and determine if they need to be relocated
- Impacted items need to be removed under negative pressure containment and in such a manner that does not contaminate clean areas
- All items/materials that can be cleaned should be itemized along with the cleaning method
- HVAC system needs to be evaluated for impact and should be decontaminated if necessary
- Visual examination should be made to ensure all visible contamination has been removed
- Upon project completion, clearance sampling should be performed to ensure areas are safe for re-occupancy
For trusted and experienced mold removal in Westchester and Fairfield counties, call ServiceMaster Superior Cleaning and Restoration today.
When moisture is present indoors, did you know that mold can grow in as little as 48 hours? Floods, slow leaks, broken pipes and even excessive humidity may cause mold to form. Indoor mold contamination has been identified as a major contributor to allergies and poor indoor air quality. Despite the rapidly growing body of knowledge about mold, it remains the subject of a lot of confusion.
What is Mold?
Mold is a microscopic life form present in all parts of the world. A natural part of the decay process of organic materials, there are many different species
of mold. These diverse species have much in common:
- Molds require an organic food source. The most common food source indoors is cellulose, present in building materials such as wood and drywall.
- Molds require oxygen; it is not found underwater.
- Molds require moisture. Buildings must be kept dry to prevent mold.
- Molds spread by tiny particles called “spores.” Spores may be greenish, brown or black and are visible as fuzzy looking growths on walls, floors or ceilings. They are unpleasant to look at and may emit an unpleasant, musty odor. As mold acts to digest decaying organic matter, it eventually destroys whatever surface it grows on.
- Exposure to mold spores may cause mild to severe allergic reactions, depending on the individual.